Quantcast

SEARCH FOR TUBE AMP SUPPLIES IN GOOGLE CUSTOM SEARCH BELOW

Custom Search

Wednesday, March 15, 2006





This blog will detail my steps in building the Two-Stroke amplifier found in the book "The Guitar Amp Handbook" by Dave Hunter (pub. by Backbeat Books 2005). This is my first amp project.

The amp is an "8-watt, all tube, dual-single-ended combo with tube rectification,...and a straightahead control layout consisting of volume, tone, and three-way boost/voicing switch." p. 178.

I'm not going to give you all the details about the components and layout (go out and buy the book!!) but I will have some pictures and questions of my journey into my first amp project.

Here is a pic of my bag-o-components and eyelet board (thanks Greg for getting all the stuff).











And now I'm following the circuit board diagram in the book as I "populate" the eyelet board with caps and resistors.






Upclose, things seem

crowded, especially those resistors near that big black cap.









Here is the underside with things "dry"mounted before soldering.






And finally, the circuit board dry mounted completely awaiting my soldering iron. More to come...

1 comment:

Ken Pendergrass said...

Danny- You should be able source most of the components from Tubes and More. They have a great search feature on their website; great service, etc. Start there.