Quantcast

SEARCH FOR TUBE AMP SUPPLIES IN GOOGLE CUSTOM SEARCH BELOW

Custom Search

Thursday, May 04, 2006


HUMBUSTERS! Tracking down the noise.

With the help of my friend Greg, we were able to isolate some of the noise as coming from the heater wires (green pair). I'll have some before and after sound clips this weekend. As soon as I plugged it in, my friend said, "This is the same sound I had with my Princeton clone..."

We got onto the AX84 site and found a suggestion for putting to 100 ohm resistors in place to kill the noise (a.k.a "filament hum reduction resistors): http://annex.ax84.com/media/ax84_m314.pdf

This seemed to do the trick. There is still some slight noise, but very acceptable. See pic of the resistors below soldered off the pilot light to ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken,

It looks great. Congrats on building a working amp.

Can't wait to hear the clips!

Al

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»