Quantcast

SEARCH FOR TUBE AMP SUPPLIES IN GOOGLE CUSTOM SEARCH BELOW

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 18, 2006


The Final Chassis Cuts

Went back out to my brother-in-laws shop tonight to get some help for the final cuts and holes to mount the transformers and circuit board.

We started with the power transformer, measured the dimensions and taped down a squre of blue tape for the dremel to follow. Shrill as a dentist drill, the dremel cut through the chasis thanks to the steady hand of my bro-in-law. It would have been much easier to use a transformer that mounted on the top, but I couldn't find a PT with the specs Hunter calls for. I'm grateful to have a family member with a shop and some tools...

Next we carefully measured the holes for the output transformer. Hunter mentions that the OT wires will go under the circuit board, but after looking at my friend's Princeton clone, I realized I had plenty of room to run the OT wires around the board.

Finally drilled the holes for the stand-offs to mount the circuit board. The Radio Shack bolts were a bit too short for the the thickness of the board, so we removed the washers. Everything fits great. Next- the fun begins- solder it all together.

No comments: